The Effort Trust Company is growing! We are currently looking for an upbeat and organized individual to add to our Accounts Payable and Payroll team. This role involves payroll processing, processing supplier invoices, purchase orders, and payment requests. This position reports to the Manager of Residential AP & Projects and interacts closely with Site Superintendents, Property Managers and Vendors.
If you like working as part of a close team, enjoy using your creativity to solve problems and thrive on staying highly organized, this might be the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for someone who has:
- A positive attitude and follows through on assignment
- Works well independently and in a team setting
- Confidence in their work and experience
- Earned a post-Secondary Education (minimum 2-year college business diploma).
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in processing payroll
- Residential Property Management experience (considered an asset)
- Proficient keyboard skills for data input.
- Intermediate or expert level knowledge of both Excel & Word.
- Experience using a computer-based accounting package (Yardi considered an asset).
- Excellent organizational, time management, customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills with an ability deal with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Contributing to the timely input and coordination of bi-weekly payroll, utilizing PayMate.
- Processing reports for compensation, taxes paid, garnishments, and deductions.
- Timely filing of all payroll-related returns and remittance of statutory payments, such as WSIB and EHT returns.
- Inputting new employee information and keeping employee information updated online.
- Establishing lines of communication with internal departments to resolve any payroll issues.
- Providing information as required for yearly audit and budget preparation.
Accounts Payable Duties:
- Prepare invoices for payment by matching invoices to supporting documentation, providing accurate general ledger coding, obtaining appropriate approval, and entering all invoices in the accounting system.
- Review and verify invoices and their accompanying payment request to ensure compliance to Effort Trust’s policies and procedures for such elements as: proper authorization, applicable matching purchase order or contract, accuracy and reasonableness of the charges, tax compliance (e.g. HST).
- Review purchase orders for pertinent financial information and accurately record all expense information based on supporting documentation.
- Prepare invoice batches and enter to the accounts payable module of the financial information system on a daily basis.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding credit memos.
- Prepare and issue stop-payments as needed.
- Obtain amendments to purchase orders when necessary.
- Seek clarification or explanations from invoice approvers when warranted.
- Respond to inquiries from suppliers, consultants and clients regarding status payment or other relevant questions.
- Other duties as required.