The Effort Trust Company is currently looking for a Leasing Administrator at our office in Hamilton, Ontario. The Leasing Administrator function involves processing rental applications and leases for our applicants which come in from our residential properties.
This position will report to the Manager of Residential Administration and will work closely with the Marketing & Leasing Manager, Site Superintendents, and Property Managers, to ensure that applications and leases are processed quickly, and accurately, into our accounting software (Yardi).
- Process applications for prospective tenants.
- Contact applicants, as needed, to confirm leasing information to finalize lease.
- Work with Property Managers to ensure all leasing packages are received complete and correct.
- Prepare and distribute lease documents, create new tenant files.
- Enter tenant receipts into Yardi during the first few days of the month, when volume is high.
- Provide support to the Administration Department, as needed.
- Back up for Reception, as needed.
- Back up and support for Marketing/Rentals Manager, as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education.
- 2 to 5 years residential property management experience preferred, or a role in a leasing environment where skills are transferrable.
- Working knowledge of real estate / property management software (Yardi).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as strong technology skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication abilities, in both verbal and written, styles.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Ability to deal with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and ability to think on your feet.
- Positive and friendly attitude.