The Effort Trust Company is currently looking for a portfolio administrator to support the residential property administration team at our Hamilton office. This position involves a variety of duties related to the managing of a residential portfolio.
The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Residential Administration, and will work closely with the respective Property Managers to ensure that support is provided to several residential buildings.
Portfolio Administration Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service to tenants.
- Enter tenant receipts and pre-authorized payment information as needed.
- Process tenant leases and yearly renewals.
- Manage move-ins and move-outs in a timely manner.
- Issue monthly rent increases.
- Post monthly rent.
- Process monthly Non Payment of Rent notifications.
- Support the Paralegal with legal documentation as required.
- Work closely with the Superintendents to ensure tenant information is kept current and accurate.
- Prepare monthly bank statements.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role in property management preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (above average excel and word skills needed).
- Working knowledge of Yardi (Voyager preferred).
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with customer issues using tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and ability to think on your feet.
- Positive and friendly attitude.