Residential Leasing Administrator
The Effort Trust Company is currently looking for a Residential Leasing Administrator at our office in Hamilton, Ontario. The Leasing Administrator function involves processing rental applications and leases for our applicants which come in from our residential properties.
This position will report to the Manager of Residential Administration and will work closely with the Residential Marketing Analyst, Site Superintendents, and Property Managers, to ensure that rental applications and leases are processed promptly, and accurately, into our accounting software (Yardi).
- Process rental applications from prospective tenants.
- Contact applicants, as needed, to confirm leasing information in order to finalize lease.
- Work collaboratively with Property Managers to develop process that will continually improve on the accurate and complete preparation of the leasing packages.
- Prepare and distribute lease documents.
- Create new tenant files.
- Process Vacating Notices when received, with corresponding documentation (ie: Turnover Reports and Vacancy Confirmation Letters).
- Assist with applying tenant receipts into Yardi during the first few days of the month as required.
- Provide support to the Property Administration Department, as needed.
- Back up for Reception, as needed.
- Back up and support for Residential Marketing Analyst during vacation and other absences.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education.
- Preference to be given to those with 2 to 5 years residential leasing administration experience.
- Working knowledge of real estate / property management software (Yardi) desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as strong technology skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Ability to deal with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
The Effort Trust Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidate taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We welcome all applications, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.