Residential Leasing Analyst and Administrator
Job TypeFull time
Residential Leasing Analyst & Administrator
Come join the Effort Trust residential team! The Effort Trust Company is currently looking for a Residential Analyst and Leasing Administrator at our office in Hamilton, Ontario. The Leasing Administrator function involves processing rental applications and leases for our applicants which come in from our residential properties. This position also includes a high volume of analytics; creating extensive reports in Excel.
This position will report to the Manager of Residential Accounting and Administration and will work closely with the Residential Marketing Analyst, Site Superintendents, and Property Managers, to ensure that rental applications and leases are processed promptly, and accurately, into our accounting software (Yardi).
We are looking for someone who is organized, enjoys working with people and who will bring a positive and fun attitude to the office every day. If that sounds like you, this might be the right opportunity for you!
- Process rental applications from prospective tenants.
- Contact applicants, as needed, to confirm leasing information to finalize lease.
- Review lease documents and create new tenant files in web-based software (Yardi).
- Retain digital copies of key leasing documents.
- Develop new and maintain existing statistical reporting.
- Process "notices to vacate" and prepare tenant files to be closed.
- Distribute vacate letters and suite turn-over budget sheets.
- Communicate with site staff regarding viewing appointments and rental availability.
- Responsible for external communications and distribution with the residential department
- Contribute to the ongoing development and roll out for online leasing and scheduling tools.
- Lead training sessions alongside the Marketing Analyst and Compliance Officer outlining online appointment booking tools to site staff.
- Review remote leasing software being developed for accuracy and logical flow.
- Work collaboratively with Property Managers and Administrators to develop processes that will continually improve on the accurate and complete preparation of the leasing packages.
- Assist in ensuring third party, submetering companies have accurate, current tenant information.
- Provide back-up for Marketing Analyst during vacation or other absences.
- Provide support to the Property Administration Department, as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Post‐secondary education.
- Preference to be given to those with 2 to 5 years residential leasing administration experience.
- Working knowledge of real estate / property management software (Yardi) desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as strong technology skills.
- Above average skills related to Microsoft Excel report development and creation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Ability to deal with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
The Effort Trust Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidate taking part in all aspects of the selection
We welcome all applications, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.