Residential Property Manager
Job TypeFull time
The Effort Trust Company is currently looking for an experienced Residential Property Manager to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario. This position will be responsible for all aspects of managing a portfolio of residential rental properties.
You will be reporting to the Director of Residential Operations (Property). Duties will include supervising and providing direction to superintendents, maintenance, administrative and other site staff. You will also monitor tenant compliance with lease agreements and resolve issues. You will conduct regular site visits to assess the condition of properties. You will actively develop and maintain positive tenant relations through regular visits and correspondence.
- Oversee the day to day operations of your properties.
- Respond to tenant questions, concerns, emergencies, and complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist with the collection of rents and arrears management.
- Overseeing general property maintenance and service contracts.
- Ensure that buildings are code compliant at all times.
- Ensure that all government orders and/or notices (municipal and provincial) are resolved in a timely manner.
- Travel to various locations to deal with all operational issues.
- Liaising with current and prospective tenants to assist in all aspects of the leasing process.
- Make recommendations in terms of capital improvements, operations, and repairs.
- Participate in the development of annual operational and capital budgets and subsequent management of same.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Respond to after business hours and weekend emergency calls.
- Carry out other related duties as are required or assigned.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the property management industry.
- Knowledge of various legislation, codes, by-laws, regulations and best practices as it relates to residential property management.
- Strong soft skills like integrity, dependability, effective communication, open mindedness, teamwork, creativity, problem-solving, critical thinking, adaptability, organization, willingness to learn and empathy.
- Strong hard skills like Yardi, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Docusign, network security, etc.
- Be familiar with all aspects of property administration and operations.
- Basic knowledge of building systems (electrical, plumbing, sprinkler, safety, HVAC, landscaping, snow removal, caretaking, etc.).
- Experience coordinating staff and contractors to complete work in a real estate environment.
- Completion of or willingness to obtain WHMIS Health and Safety training.
- Keen and pro-active approach to property management.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to PMResCareers@efforttrust.ca.
We welcome your application; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.