FRPO is the largest association in Ontario representing those who own, manage, build and finance residential rental properties. Membership includes a diverse group of owners and managers, from those with one small building or a single rental unit, up to the largest property management firms and institutional owners and managers. The association also includes our colleagues and partners in industry, including service providers, suppliers, and industry consultants. With more than 2200 members in every area of Ontario, and with over 350,000 homes, FRPO represents the full spectrum of the industry in Ontario.
FRPO works to promote a balanced and healthy housing market with a vital rental-housing industry, choice for consumers, adequate government assistance for low-income households, and private sector solutions to rental-housing needs. Owners and investors recognize that belonging to FRPO is one of the smartest investments they can make for their business.
FRPO's mission is to provide the highest quality services to their members through education, policy development and advocacy through:
- Upholding public policies that support the availability of quality housing
- Protecting the rights of private sector landlords and property managers while helping them profit from their investment in multi-residential real estate
- Informative and educational training sessions on regulatory issues and industry best practices
- Promoting industry best practices, fair conduct and professional standards of their members
- Fostering better communication and information sharing among members
- Educating government, the media and general public on the critical role of the private sector in the supply of well-managed and maintained rental accommodation.
For more information regarding the Federation of Rental-Housing Providers of Ontario, please be sure to visit the FRPO website.