Long Weekend - What is there to do?
Those of us here at Effort Rentals are looking forward to getting out and enjoying some of the great events and attractions that are happening in the area this long weekend. For those of you living at our Prospect Street Apartment building in Burlington or at one of our many apartments in Hamilton, here are some fun things to do in your area this long weekend:
Plenty of fun activities can be found to keep you busy over the long weekend. From Easter Egg hunts to Scavenger hunts for the older children, there is lots of fun to be had by all:
Mountsberg Conservation Area - Easter Egg Extravaganza
2259 Millburough Line, Campbellville, ON
- Event runs from March 29th to April 2st from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Easter Egg Hunt - 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Scavenger Hunt (Children 10 & up) - 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Colouring Book Station - 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Candy Jar Guess - Giftshop - 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Barnyard Visit 0 Barnyard - 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Bubble Station - Playbarn - noon to 2:00 pm
- Sugarbush Demonstrations - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Admission is $7.25 for adults, $6.25 for seniors and $5.00 for children ages 5-14. Children 4 and under are free. For more information, please visit http://www.conservationhalton.on.ca/events.cfm?itemid=7712.
Hamilton Easter Egg Hunts
Local philanthropist, Chris Ecklund has bought 102,000 mini eggs and 13,000 chocolate bunnies to be hidden at various parks for a three day Easter Egg hunt.
- Macassa Park, 701 Upper Sherman Ave., Friday at 10 am
- Good Friday Waterfall Walk and Easter Egg Hunt, Albion Falls, Limeridge Road East and Mountain Brow Boulevard, starting at noon.
- Gourley Park, West 5th St. and Stone Church Road West, Friday at noon.
- Bethune Park, Upper James Street at Stone Church Road East, Friday noon.
- Andrew Warburton Park, Cope St. and Allan Ave., Friday 9:30 am
- Highland Gardens Park, Hillcrest Avenue, Saturday 10 am to noon
- Jackie Washington Park, 361 Wellington St. N., Saturday at noon
- Kiwanis Parkette, Edinburgh and Ottawa, Saturday, 10 am to 3 pm
- Allison Park, Rymal Road East by Upper Wellington, Saturday at noon
- Myrtle Park, 13 Delaware Ave., Saturday from 1 to 2 pm
- Laurier Park, Quigley Road, Saturday 10 am to noon
- Woodlands Park, Barton and Wentworth, Saturday, noon to 3 pm
- Applegrove Co-op's Maddison's park, Upper Ottawa and Stone Church, Saturday, 10:30 am to 1 pm
- Eastdale Park, Lincoln Road and Crompton Way, Saturday at 10:30 am
- Acer Garden Centres, 591 Fiddlers Green Rd., Saturday, 9:30 am ages 7-12, 10 am under 7, 10:30 am 12+
- Gilkson Park, Glen Arms Street and Gemini Drive, Sunday at 2 pm
Maple Syrup Festivals
You still have time to get out and enjoy the many maple syrup festivals that are taking place. Take a walk into one of the sugar bush events in the area, where you can taste some freshly made maple syrup.
Crawford Lake - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
3115 Conservation Road (formerly Steels Avenue), Milton, ON
- Enjoy Sweet Water Demonstrations and taste complimentary samples of cornbread dripping with maple syrup, taffy on snow and maple syrup tastings. Explore the 15th century Iroquoian Village and reconstructed Longhouses and enojy the 19km of great hiking trails. Admission is $7.25 for adults, $6.25 for seniors and $5.00 for children ages 5 - 14. Children 4 and under are free. For more information, please visit www.conservationhalton.on.ca/events.cfm?itemid=3512.
Mountsberg Conservation Area - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
2259 Millburough Line, Campbellville, ON
- See how sap from the maple tree is transformed into sweet, sticky syrup and smell the fragrant steam rising from simmering kettles. Learn the secrets of maple candy making and taste free samples of candy. Enjoy piping hot pancakes smothered in fresh maple sysrup. Slide, climb, jump, and run in the play barn. Encounter Mounstsberg's resident raptors in the bird of prey shows at 11am, noon, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm. View bison, eagles, hawks and owls along the Wildlife Walkway. Guidied horse drawn wagon rides through the sugar bush ($3/adult, $2/child). Admission is $7.25 for adults, $6.25 for seniors and $5.00 for children ages 5 - 14. Children 4 and under are free. For more information, please visit www.conservationhalton.on.ca/events.cfm?itemid=3512.
Westfield Heritage Village - March 29th and March 31st from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
1049 Regional Road 552 (Kirkwall Road), Rockton, ON
- Discover one of Canada’s most time-honoured and delicious traditions - The trees are tapped, the sap is dripping and the fires are crackling – it must be maple syrup time at Westfield Heritage Village! A picturesque walk into the sugar bush will lead you to the modern sugar shack, where you can taste some of Westfield’s very own maple syrup. The tours and demonstrations run from 10 am. to 4 pm. Families can enjoy a free old-fashioned horse and wagon ride and purchase a wonderful pancake breakfast. For more information, please call 1-800-883-0104 or visit www.westfieldheritage.ca. Admission is $11.00 for adults, $10.00 for seniors and $6.50 for children ages 6 - 12. Children 5 and under are free.