Essentials for Your First Apartment
It's always exciting to move into a new apartment and when you decide to live in an Effort Trust Apartment Rental in Hamilton, Dundas, or Kitchener-Waterloo, you will always be close to everything you need. Whether it's your first apartment, or you are moving into a new rental, Effort Trust has compiled a list of items you'll need. Yes...you'll be itching to get the new big screen tv, but make sure you have these items covered first.
1) The Kitchen - Cooking for yourself is a great skill and whether you are just going to be making Kraft Dinner or Gordon Ramsay type meals, you need to start out with some basics. There is no need to go crazy here right off the bat. You really just need enough for you and your guests.
- Plates and bowls
- Glasses, mugs, water bottle
- Cutlery - Knives, forks, and spoons
- Utensils - Mixing spoon, spatula, can opener
- Cookware - 1 small and 1 large pot with lids. 1 frying pan preferably with a lid.
- Small Appliances - toaster or toaster oven, blender/mixer, coffee maker. Note: These are more nice to have extras!
2) The Bedroom - We all know how important a good night's sleep is. Assuming that you have the bed taken care of, what else should you consider.
- Set of Sheets (make sure you get the right size for your mattress). NOTE: You may want to consider getting 2 sets of sheets. It is great to be able to throw on a clean set of sheets while the other set sits and waits for you to do the laundry.
- Comforter or Quilt
- If you have space in your bedroom, you may want to consider a basic desk with lamp. It is a great place to keep your life and bills organized as well as a place to keep your gadgets charged.
3) The Bathroom - There is nothing quite like a nice warm shower at the beginning or end of a long day!
- Hand Towels
- Bath Towels
- Bath Mat
- Soap Dispenser
- Trash Can
- Toilet Brush and Plunger. Yes...not the most glamorous items on the list, but trust us...someday you will thank us for reminding you about these!
Now, you are all set! We probably missed some items that some feel are essential. As you get settled into your new rental, you'll come up with your real wish list.