Fire Prevention Week
Fire Prevention Week runs October 6 – 12, 2013. This year’s theme is “Prevent Kitchen Fires and Get Cooking with Fire Safety!“
Cooking is the #1 cause of residential fires in Ontario.
Many fire injuries and deaths are caused by:
• Unattended cooking and distractions
• Loose clothing and articles near the stove
• Children playing near the stove
• Attempting to extinguish a grease fire with water
• Attempting to cook while under the influence of alcohol.
Always make sure to:
• Stay in the kitchen and pay attention when cooking!
• Drink responsibly when cooking.
• If a fire occurs, get out immediately and call 911
As a fun way to learn all about kitchen fire safety and preventing kitchen fires, the NFPA developed a short trivia quiz for our website. with this trivia quiz.