To all those who celebrate this weekend we wish you and your family a happy and safe Thanksgiving Day!
With the start of the Fall, the one thing that I am sure of is that no matter what your beliefs and celebrations entail this weekend or any other, no one who likes turkey can pass up a reason to stuff one and serve with all the fixings!
Here is a tip that has been handed down to me and that I will now share with you.....bear in mind that this of course came from somewhere other than myself and my family but non the less....will now be given to you;
FOR THE PERFECT MOIST TURKEY
1. Cook the turkey up to 2 days before you will serve it as per the directions or cooking thermometer until cooked all the way through. This may take longer if the bird is stuffed.
2. Once the bird is cool enough to the touch, carve the bird as if you are ready to serve it. Place the stuffing in a dish that can be warmed in the oven.
3. Using a large tin tray, layer one layer of cooked turkey and then top with clean and dried ice-burg lettuce leaves. Repeat this until all turkey is carved and end with the layer of lettuce. Cover tray with lid provided or tin foil.
4. Refrigerate until the day you will warm it up.
5. Place in the over at approx. 350 degrees for about an hour or until the turkey is warmed through.
6. Remove the wilted lettuce and serve.