St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner and even if you are not Irish, you can always find a way to celebrate! Effort Trust Apartment Rentals has put together the following list of events and celebrations to help you plan your St. Patrick's Day fun in Kitchener. We hope that the following helps get you into the spirit of things and gets you thinking green.
Friday, March 15 – Civic Square Stage Celebrations
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Kitchener City Hall
Come enjoy music by the Dole Tinkers, traditional Irish dance performances, crafts for the kids, and a harpist! Lunch provided by Scrumptious Spud from the Kitchener Market.
· 11 – 11:30 a.m. - Harp performance by Zoe Hahn
· 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., - Dole Tinkers
· 12:15 – 12:45 p.m. - Intensely Irish
· 12:45 – 1:30 p.m. - Dole Tinkers
· 1:30 – 2 p.m. - Doyle Academy of Irish Dance
Saturday, March 16 – Shenanigans at the Kitchener Market
10 a.m. to Noon
Stop by the 2nd floor of the Kitchener Market to check out The Shananigans, and the Irish Dance Academy. There’s lots planned for the kids to do, Kids in the Kitchen Irish Treats & Crafts! The FREE program includes:
· 10 a.m. – Noon – Kids in the Kitchen with Irish treats & crafts
· 11 a.m. – Irish Dance Academy Performs
· Music by the Shananigans until noon
CBC will be at the festivities as they celebrate the launch of CBC Radio One’s new local morning show called The Morning Edition on 89.1 FM with host Craig Norris.
Sunday, March 17 – St. Patrick's Day Skate
6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Family-friendly themed public skate at Lions Arena
Sunday, March 17 – Party Like a Leprechaun
Get Downtown for some Irish Pub fun at one of the many local establishments.
The Honest Lawyer will be hosting the Best Green Party that Kitchener has ever seen! They will be serving up green beer and cocktails and giving away branded glassware, t-shirts, scarfs, hats, etc. At the Honest Lawyer they are all about Restaurantainment, so you can bet that there’ll be tons of wacky games, activities, and contests!
· Tater Toss
· Irish Jig Contest
· Leprechaun Coin Treasure Hunt Game
· And much more!
The Honest Lawyer will be serving up green beer and cocktails, and featuring Shamrock shooters and Irish Car Bombs! Every table wins a prize at the Honest Lawyer!
McCabe’s Irish Pub and Grill
· 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – treat yourself to an Irish style breakfast
· 11 a.m. – 2 a.m. – Enjoy green beer, Irish dancers, live music from the Shananigan’s and Mike Monaghan and so much more
· 11 a.m. – 2 a.m. – Come experience Irish Dancers, live music from the Shananigan’s, green beer and more
Rum Runner Pub
Featuring a special Irish Menu running from March 14th – March 24th.
Swing by at 4 p.m. on St. Patty’s Day to enjoy some green beer!
Check out DJ Denim providing entertainment from 7:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. as well as giveaways, draw prizes and of course green beer!
Enjoy a St. Patrick’s Day themed lunch at one of the newest hotspots in Downtown Kitchener! Lunch includes a herb wrap, one of their 2 soups of the day, and a drink of your choice…all for $10.