Trick or Treat - Which Candy is Best?
With All Hallows' Eve upon us, a number of us around Effort Trust got together and started discussing what we thought were the best candies to hand out to all those trick-or-treaters that will be knocking at our doors. This list may cause some controversy because it's a bit biased, but here are our top 10 choices:
Here is the final list that we came up with...is it close to yours?
10) NERDS - Like brightly-colored snowflakes, no two Nerds are the same. Originally made from the crumbs of jawbreakers and other candy. They come in an insane variety of flavors, from the fruity to the sour, with a two-sided box that's perfect for pouring out a handful.
9) FUN DIP - Fun Dip is literally a pouch of coloured, fruit-flavoured sugar, along with an edible candy dipping stick. A package full of yummy goodness and fun!
8) SKITTLES - Skittles are known not only a delicious hard-shelled fruit candy, but are also the one product on earth whose grape flavor is inexplicably not gross and horrifying. A true candy triumph.
7) POP ROCKS - Candy that explodes in your mouth is a pretty cool concept. (And no, your insides won't burst if you mix it with Coca-Cola.)
6) KIT KAT - Let's be honest: milk chocolate and sugary wafers are just awesome.
5) SNICKERS - Can't get no satisfaction? You obviously haven't tasted peanut butter nougat topped with roasted peanuts and caramel and covered with milk chocolate.
4) SOUR PATCH KIDS - These are great for breaking up all the chocolate in your bag. Talk about flavorful - Sour Patch Kids start with a punch of sour, and then become sweet. Everyone has their favorite color, but we prefer the red and green ones.
3) STARBURSTS - Starbursts come in so many flavors, the permutations among flavor combinations are almost endless.
2) TWIX - The cookie crunch. The deliciously hard caramel. The ultra-melty chocolate. There are a lot of things to love about Twix, but this thing's even better in fun-size form. The ratios between the three main components are simply perfect. Plus...even in the small pack...you still get two!
1) REESE'S - There never has been a more beautiful or logical marriage than that between the flavors chocolate and peanut butter. Reese's have so many qualities that make them the perfect contenders for being the best candy: The fact you can fit a whole one in your mouth if you really want it. The best is when an overly generous adult sees fit to hand out a full-sized package containing three Peanut Butter Cups. That’s three times as much candy, or at least it seemed like it at the time.
All of us here at Effort Trust hope you have a fun evening of trick-or-treating. Enjoy! And remember if there is something you don't like in your goody bag...you can always trade!