Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Residential Portfolio Administrator & Accountant
Job TypeFull time
The Effort Trust Company is currently looking for a portfolio administrator and accountant to support the Residential Property Administration Team at our Hamilton office. This position encompasses two roles which involves a variety of duties related to both accounting and the managing of a residential portfolio.
The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Residential Administration, and will work closely with other team members in the department, to ensure a building portfolio is managed, as well as provide accounting support as required.
Portfolio Administration Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service to tenants.
- Enter tenant receipts and pre-authorized payment information as needed.
- Process tenant leases and yearly renewals.
- Manage move-ins and move-outs in a timely manner.
- Process monthly Non Payment of Rent notifications.
- Support the Paralegal with legal documentation as required.
- Work closely with the Property Managers and Superintendents to ensure tenant information is kept current and accurate.
- Prepare monthly bank statements.
- Assist in Payroll duties as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Act as subject matter expert to assist other team members to resolve accounting discrepancies and inaccuracies for the residential portfolio.
- Process journal entries as required for the residential portfolio.
- Participate in the development, training and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Pre-Authorized Payment file for processing with the bank.
- Prepare HST returns accurately while adhering to their deadlines.
- Manage documentation from bank (NSF's, bank statements, fraudulent activity).
- Assist in the development of the annual operating budget.
- Liaise and respond with external auditors to address/review issues and queries, as required.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- A college level diploma in accounting is required, with preference given to candidates who are pursuing their professional designation.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role in property management preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (above average excel and word skills needed).
- Working knowledge of Yardi (Voyager preferred).
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act is required.
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with customer issues using tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and ability to think on your feet.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
The Effort Trust Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidate taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We welcome all applications, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.