November - â€œDid You Know?â€
- In Ireland, November 1 is regarded as the first day of winter.
- In the Christian calendar, November 2 is All Souls Day. It is known in Mexico as el Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead).
- Britain and New Zealand celebrate Guy Fawkes Night, the anniversary of the failed Gunpowder Plot, on November 5.
- In Indonesia, November 10 is known as National Heroes Day.
- November 10 is the birthday of the United States Marine Corps.
- Independence Day in Angola on November 11.
- Independence Day in Poland on November 11.
- Remembrance Day is celebrated on November 11 in the Commonwealth of Nations and various European countries (including France and Belgium) to commemorate World War I and other wars. It is known as Veterans Day in the United States.
- In India, Children's Day is celebrated on November 14, the birth date of first Indian Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- World Diabetes Day is celebrated on November 14.
- The Leonids meteor shower reaches its peak around November 17.
- Latvian Independence day is November 18.
- Discovery to the Eastern World of Puerto Rico by Christopher Columbus on November 19, 1493.
- International Men's Day is commemorated on November 19.
- Día de la Revolución, or Revolution Day, is celebrated in Mexico on November 20.
- Transgender Day of Remembrance has occurred on November 20 each year in the United States since 1999.
- National Adoption Day – November 21
- Independence Day in Lebanon is November 22.
- Rudolf Maister day in Slovenia is on November 23
- On November 24 each year, Lachit Divas is celebrated statewide in Assam, India.
- Suriname celebrates its Independence Day on November 25.
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women on November 25.
- Albanian Independence Day is on November 28.
- Scotland celebrates St Andrews Day, its official national day, on November 30.
- The United States and Puerto Rico observe Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday in November.
- For Western Christians, Advent usually begins on a Sunday during the last week of November (the Sunday between November 27 and December 3).
November Is Also Known As;
Native American Heritage Month
Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month
COPD Awareness month
National Novel Writing Month
Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month
American Diabetes Month
Lung Cancer Awareness Month
National Homeless Youth Awareness Month
Crohn's & Ulcerative Colitis Awareness Month
National Pomegranate Month in the United States
Holy Souls in Purgatory (Roman Catholic Church)
National Stomach Cancer Awareness Month (United States)
National Prematurity Awareness Month (United States)
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Sweet Potato Awareness Month
No Shave November (Movember)
National Adoption Awareness Month (United States)
National Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness Month
Transgender Awareness Month